Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I Choose You

I walked slowly up to him, twisting my hands nervously.

"I'm so sorry, I screwed up again. Will you forgive me?"

"Child, your sins have been hurled into the depths of the sea". Micah 7:19

"I do the same things over and over though. I'm scared you'll get tired of my failing."

"My child, I have loved you with an unfailing love." Jeremiah 31:3

"I'm trying. I'm trying so hard to be good. I can't seem to get it right."

"If you confess your sins, I am faithful. I will forgive." 1 John 1:9

"How can you forgive me? How can you love me?"

"You are precious in my sight. You are called by my name, you are created for my glory." Isaiah 43:1-7

"I'm so unworthy. I'm not talented or beautiful. I'm not strong. I'm not good at anything. I'm not changing the world. I'm not even changing my part of the world. I'm just here. Living, breathing, getting by. Trying. What brings you glory in that? What is there to love?"

"You are fearfuly and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:14 "You are moving forward. You are trying. Keep breathing, keep loving. Keep pressing on". Philippians 3:14

"You love me"? I asked, whispering, questioning.

"You are mine. I bought you at a very high price". 1 Corinthians 16:20 "Nothing can separate you from my love". Romans 8:39.

No comments:

Post a Comment