Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Psalm 23

1 The LORD is my shepherd; I have everything I need. And more.

2 He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. Metaphor, but I do have rest and peace.

3 He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. The trick is following his guide and staying on the right path and bringing honor to his name. But I try, I want to.

4 Even when I walk through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. I certainly have times where I have to remember not to be afraid because he is with me. And I've experienced his protection and comfort. Goes hand in hand with the rest and peace from verse two.

5 You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You welcome me as a guest, anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. I am blessed. I have a wonderful life. I love my life.

6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever. I hold on to this. Unfailing love that PURSUES me all the days of my life. ALL THE DAYS. UNFAILING LOVE.

Been quoting this to myself today. Kind of singing it to myself more than quoting, but it really is comforting.

Have a blessed week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment