Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's her birthday



Like you all haven't seen tons of pictures of her. Today is her 15th birthday. She is number 5, and she came along and pulled a fragmented family together. She is the "OURS" in a yours, mine and ours family, and I'm pretty sure she is the glue that holds us all together.

She has been a light in my life from day one. She has a smile that lights a room. A laugh that is contagious. A sense of humor that is irrepressible. And a wit that never stops. She told me the other day that the snake she brought home was dead because it was laying on the street and it baked.

I remember the day she was born. I had a difficult delivery with Nate (to say the least) and had the same OB. When he came in and said it was time to deliver Whitney and that they had a team on standby for both Whitney and I because of the past history, I freaked out. I delivered her with an oxygen mask on my nose.

She took the majority of her naps snuggled up on Steve's chest. She walked at 8 months, gave up her bottle at a year, spoke full sentences (there's my mommy, where's my pacifier) at 16 months, was potty trained at two, and off the pacifier at about three. I have pictures of her with one in her mouth and a spare in each hand.

Life has never been boring around her. She was my "bonus baby" and I thank God for her. He definitely did good work with her.

I'm going to leave you with a few of my favorite Whitneyism's,and if you've heard them before, they are worth a laugh the second time.

"There's no food in this house. You feed Crist (our World Vision child) better than you feed me."

I have 105 "Conversations with Whitney" posts. This is one of my top 25

Setting: Dillons meat department. Whitney is holding a full chicken against her forehead.

Whitney: What is the square root of 16?

Me: Huh?

Whitney: What?? It’s a “smart chicken” (brand name of chicken).

No comments:

Post a Comment