Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Rough day

Everyone else's lunch smells better than mine. That could be because I have a can of split pea soup...

Tore my favorite dress on the seat belt getting out of the car.

Just got told I have to work overtime for the next week. Gonna try and get out of it. Wish me luck.

Heavy heart and lots of prayers for Nate. It's hard not being around him, I can tell when things aren't right, but he's too far away and I can't fix things. (If you have a minute you could pray for him, I'd appreciate it.)

I stayed in bed 15 minutes too long. I'm sporting what I call my "wind tunnel look". I dried my hair under the ceiling fan in front of the box fan with the blow dryer. Then I look in the mirror and determine whether a flat iron, curling iron or banana clip and hair pins is the best option.

And it's only 12:00...certainly enough time for the day to turn around.

Hey!!! I have split pea soup for lunch! AND DIET COKE!!!

My dress has embroidery on it, maybe I can repair it and no one will know?

I may have to work overtime, but I still get the whole long weekend off.

Nate says he's doing good and he likes it and things are going okay. Maybe my mom intuition is off??? Maybe??? Just maybe???

First volleyball game is tonight.

I'm getting Subway for Steve and I on the way to the game, so I'll enjoy that meal. Along with another Diet Coke. (Oh how sad the things I look forward to).

Temperatures are cooler.

Three new audio books from the library, at least I'll have something to listen to while I work 9-10 hours a day.


Try and change my perspective.

4 comments:

  1. Do you have a run to look forward to? I haven't been able to since last Thursday and am really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though your perspective changed (I love the positive thinking!), I'll still pray for Nate and you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did run. From the creepy guy on his bike that followed me around the west hugh parking lot telling me how pretty I am and that whites my color and I looked like I was born in those boots. The yassos paid off. I was a 7.5 minute mile sprint of white lace, ruffles, cowboy boots and a coach bag.

    Thanks for the prayers. I called him, was able to fix it for him, plus he got my if it fits it ships box. Momma's happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Heights played West? My niece is the new coach at West. She's a nervous wreck. The good news is that program has nowhere to go but up!

    ReplyDelete