Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Boston Highlights

I really wish I had taken more pictures. But walking everywhere, carrying my purse and nursing a very sore foot, I didn't get near as many as I would've liked. Steve has more, but I haven't dug through them yet.
Mr. Bartley's burgers. They only take cash, and they don't have a bathroom. I had the "jersey shore" burger. Jake had the "lady gaga" burger. It was awesome. Here are Steve and I at Mr. Bartley's.

The subway. This midwest girl had never been on a subway. It was an experience I greatly enjoyed. Talking to the girl from Denmark was a real treat.
Fenway Park. Nuff said.

Boston Marathon. And check out the gorilla. He has a bib. He was an actual runner. This is at mile 25.

Harvard Square. This is a really cool place.
Food. Was. Great. Seafood in Boston Harbor. Pizza in Harvard Square. Italian at Le Contes in Little Italy. Canoli from Mike's Pastry. Waited in a block long line 5 wide. This is all the people in front of me. My canoli was worth it.

Dinner with my bff Jed. Our shared two day experience in the Ozarks supporting Steve created a great friendship. (He also has the most amazing wife, Jenny, love her too.) He lives 15 minutes away in Wichita, I have to go to Boston to have dinner with him the night before he ran the Boston Marathon, and then had to share him with Steve and Jake. He did awesome. He is awesome.
Seeing my friend Jenny in Rockland. And the 30 minute ride back with Lance cause we missed the train. He had me laughing hysterically. And quite thrilled for them and what God is doing in the church plant.
The week with Jake and Carrie. I can't say enough about how much I love them.
Discussing things with Jake. Grapefruit and the proper way to eat them. How to make the perfect breakfast sandwich. Aliens. (We both believe.)
Steve and Jake got to see the first playoff game of the Celtics. Top row. Celtics won 87-85. Steve loved it.

The Art Museum. This is from the blown glass exhibit. I should have taken more pics.

Boston Fashion. Anything goes. Lady in church wearing silver velour track suit with a sheepskin (or poodle?) vest over it. Silver socks, silver ballet flats. Pretty sure I spend more time on my hair and make up than anybody I saw in Cambridge in 6 days.
Boston Vineyard church. Bob Marley style worship. So cool. I also think I saw Richard Gere.
Time with Steve.

There are so many other things I could say about this place and the friends I have there and met up with there. But I have to end somewhere. I LOVED BOSTON!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture of you two! Sounds like a fun trip! So will you be running the Boston in the future? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jules. It was so good for so many different reasons. God blessed me on this trip in more ways than I could express. If I can get twice as fast as I am right now, I might get a Boston qualifying time. Probably not in my future. But I would watch again

    ReplyDelete