Saturday, April 2, 2011

Training Update

I ran this morning. 6 miles. It was a 9 mile run. I ran around Sim Golf course, Botanica Gardens, Cowtown, and it was a great run. Then I crossed over the Arkansas River at Central and turned toward home, and didn't feel like running anymore. This was a big deal to me, because I ran the marathon March 19 and have ran all but three days of the last 15. I have logged over 80 miles counting the marathon. I run like the hounds of hell are after me. But when I felt like walking at 6 miles, I walked. And it was no power walk, or keep my heartrate up walk. It was 20 minute miles. It took me an hour to walk home. I enjoyed every minute, too. With two miles to go I got to Mcdonalds, so I stopped and got a diet coke and a breakfast burrito (to go) and walked on home. I'm pretty tired, my plan is to rest for a day or two. But I can't be sure. I may get all Forrest Gump again and "Ahh just felt lahk ruhhnnninn." And if I do, I will.
My ipod froze about 45 minutes into my run, and so I took that as an opportunity to unplug and pray while I ran. For being in the middle of town, running the bike path by the river is pretty serene and it's nature, and it's beautiful. I like to talk to God outside, in his creation. My next race is April 23. I really love the race environment, looking forward to it. Right now, I'm thinking about a nap.

Have a blessed weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait till we get to run our 9.5 around Fresh Pond! It's will probably be about 3 laps around the pond, but it is so beautiful and peaceful there. Plus, your company will only make the run more perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait. Promise not to run off and leave me too far behind.

    ReplyDelete