Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Training Update

I used to do these on Sundays, but I'm living on the wild side now. I'm going to give you an extra one, catch up on where I'm at.
On January 24 I started working out with Freddrick the ___________ (ever play Mad Gabs? I could insert any number of adjectives here.) Nine weeks. Two races, one was a marathon, so that's lots of running. Those who know me well, know that I don't usually say things like this. But a lot has changed, and guess what? I think I'm pretty freakin amazing right now. I am planning to run a second marathon this year, and have decided to run it either April 23 or May 1. Because I CAN! Remember that from when I first started blogging? All five of you? My readership has gone up 500% in the last month. We all love to drive by the accident and stare, don't we? I CAN do all things through Christ because he gives me strength. Well it's more true now than ever. So back to Freddrick. He kicks my butt. Ten minutes in and I'm sweating like a hooker in church.
A couple weeks ago I told him I wasn't getting strong fast enough. And he has kicked it up a bit. So imagine my surprise when we get the bosu out the other night for push ups, first time we've done push ups, and instead of doing knee push ups, I thought I'd try the real ones. MANLY ONES. Holding on to the bosu which required additional balance. And I did both sets of 12 like a man. I'd do the tool time grunt, but I'm not quite that manly. We also did a couple sets of an exercise where you jump and land on the step. It was above my knees the first time, and we did the first set of 18 and when I landed number 18 from a flat foot jump, I was thrilled. Then he raised it two risers. After my initial fear that I was going to miss and bite it right there in the big gym in front of all the guys, I gave it my best effort. And when I landed number 18, I thought I owned the world.
I feel strong. I feel healthy. I feel like I CAN do anything. I am working to get stronger, but I'm continually reminded that Christ gives me my strength. And he's strong. So I'm going to keep tapping into that power source, because what kind of a fool would I be to have that available and not plug in?

1 comment: