Thursday, April 21, 2011

Conversations with Whitney

I picked Whitney up the other night. I asked her what she had for dinner. She said cake. I asked her only cake and she said yes, but it was really good cake. I was feeling like a bad mom. I've been struggling to get through a lot of days. I know I've been less than intentional to put it kindly. I apologized for not being as involved lately. Teared up. I've always been a good mom. Involved. As I cried and apologized my not so little girl looked at me and said "it's okay mom. You don't have to be perfect. " She's one of my 1000 gifts.

1 comment:

  1. This made ME tear up. You were more of a hero to her than you probably realize in that moment...

    7 So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12)

    ReplyDelete