Monday, April 25, 2011

Training Update

No training for me to report on. Severe case of tendonitis in my right foot will keep me from running for about two months. Even if I’m well before that, I need it completely healed. It’s an overuse injury, and I know I did it to myself, and I am now going to take care of it. I will start aqua jogging this week and will be back working out with the awesome Freddrick and will take my 3 core express classes a week. I was also inspired by Carrie and I’m going to work up to unassisted pull ups. Just no running. Hope to run a marathon late fall this year. That’s the goal.

Steve ran a 100K on Saturday. I’m getting quite experienced on being a crew member. Except I slept through his first aid station. He ran really well. I tried to get a picture at the finish line, but like the last 3, he was running so fast at the end that I couldn’t get much more than a blur.
The “crew view”. Most annoying day ever. A girlfriend of one of the runners attached herself to me. And never left. She was arrogant, annoying, self important, and did not know Jesus. And had no morals. I could not believe the details of her life she shared with me. I told Steve on the way home I wouldn’t have said that stuff to my best girlfriends. He said she probably told me cause she wanted to talk and knew she would never see me again. I was safe. I didn’t chastise or preach because again, I’m not the Holy Spirit, and also since she doesn’t know Jesus, she’s not held to the same standard I am. (Although, some things are wrong whether you know Jesus or not, just gonna say that.) Steve ran a very short distance with her boyfriend and said he was a loud mouthed jerk. So they were a match.
Mile 40 Steve headed out with a new friend he met that day, John. John didn’t want to run the rest of the 100K, he wanted to finish at 40 miles. But Sophia, the race director talked him into going back out and Steve headed out with him and they ran the last 22 together. Steve enjoyed this guy.

He is a little sore in a few joints and his Achilles is swollen. But the front of his shin that has been a mess for two months didn’t bother him at all, so that’s a good thing.

I love watching him run. I love being where he is. I love the race atmosphere.
I wanted to run the marathon, but God is telling me to take a break. He is continuing to tell me to be still, so I am doing it. It’s hard for me, my personality is not a “still” one.

No comments:

Post a Comment