Friday, April 1, 2011

Follow up

Last Tuesday I posted about God speaking to me about getting out of my boat. Now, I've been called hyper spiritual, over spiritualizing things, and I now have to moderate comments before they show up because people are being hateful. Some are bold enough to use names, some are anonymous. But over spiritualizing or not, I have to share this.
Tuesday night I gave Steve my Bible and let him pick the passage and read. He chose John 21:1-11. He chose it for a specific reason, it went with a devotional he found in my Max Lucado study Bible. And it was really good. I'm going to tell the story, you can read it if you want. Peter and the disciples are fishing on the lake. Jesus is on the shore. Jesus calls to Peter, and Peter jumps out of the boat and swims to shore. After the way I felt Tuesday when Jesus told me to get out of my boat, this moved me. I sat there with tears in my eyes. It was one more time Jesus was making sure I knew he was telling me to get out of my boat (quit trying to control, quit trying to fix) and come to him. The first time, I felt he was telling me to get out in the storm and keep my eyes on him. Which is really good, isn't it? But I think the message of the day was get out of my boat and get to Jesus, whether I walk across the water or have to swim for him, do it. I was going to share this sooner, but I really needed to just hold it close for a couple days, because it was pretty special.

No comments:

Post a Comment