Monday, April 11, 2011

Stop it

I've been very open about God speaking to me through his Word. He did again this morning. I prayed, read my Bible and it was like a conversation it was so clear. I texted Sheila my prayer and the passage and asked her if God was really speaking that plainly to me. She chewed me out. Told me doubt was from Satan, cheered me on (glad she's in my herd). And I reread it, thanked God and got on with my day. At lunch I read it again. First seven verses were awesome. I got verse 8 and God said "stop it". In the version I was reading, it said those words. Stop something I've been doing. I spent a moment (or two) trying to decide if the comfort and answers from verses 1-7 outweighed the command to me in verse 8. But if I'm gonna believe God is speaking to me, I CAN take the correction too. So I'm owning verse 8 too. OUCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment