Saturday, April 16, 2011

Every life a story

I've seen more people in two days in Boston than I've seen in three months in Wichita. We've been on the subway at peak times. (at home when I talk about Subway it's only for sandwiches). We've gone sightseeing through Cambridge and downtown Boston. We've been to Boston Harbor and Rockland. Walking through Boston Commons Jake told us land size Wichita is bigger. Peoplewise, Boston is five to every one in Wichita. Everyone walks and takes public transportation. I see runners all the time. In Wichita I can run 20 miles and never see another runner. People aren't unfriendly, just busy. Everyone thinks everyone knows where they are and where they are going. Not this Kansas girl, but but Steve, Jake and Carrie have kept me from getting list. Lance got us to the train stop in time to see the crossing rails come down, but he drove us to the next station and he didn't lose us either.
When I was reading my Bible this morning I was in Psalms 139. God knows everything is the heading. Goes on to say we can't escape from him. I especially love verse 7, "where can I run from you"?
But verses 14-16 are about how God made us. Formed us in our mothers body. Made each of us amazing and wonderful. Planned all of our days for us.
I'm very familiar with this scripture. But as I look at all the people I've seen in just the last two days (I also had a layover in Chicago) the sheer size of God's creation is overwhelming. And I've only gone from Kansas to Massachusetts. And every life is a story. Not to be read. I don't want you reading my journal, my life. It's a story Christ is writing. I had to wonder if I'm following Christ's script for my life. And as I cause edits, revisions and rewrites I'm thrilled that my story is being written by him. I'm hoping for less red ink going forward. I'm not gonna ever get it right, I'm gonna need my editor. But there is so much room to improve.
And I hope I get to be a positive character in the pages of some others stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment