Monday, May 16, 2011

Half full or half empty?

People often say they are a "glass half full" or "glass half empty" kind of person, indicating positivity or negativity. I was sitting at lunch Sunday with some dear friends of Steve's and mine (love love LOVE Dan & Jackie) and realized as I downed my 5th diet coke, because I'm cutting back, that my glass is never half way. See, I'm a chugger. If I want a drink, I want a drink. If it's water, or ice tea or diet coke, when I want it, I drink it. When I get a glass of water in the morning, I fill it to about what I want and I drink it all. Then it has to be filled up again so I can drink it all, again.

Not sure why I'm this way, in my psyche there are many weird little issues that maybe should be looked at in addition to my oral fixation. I've been told I need therapy, I've also been told I need behavior modification medicine (by peers, not by anyone trained to know). I like my crazy. In fact, I had a conversation the other night with Nate where I apologized for being a little crazy, told him I didn't want to be the mom like Jane* (name changed to protect the insane (Jane) and the innocent (Nate)). He said "no biggie, and Jane is in a league of crazy all her own." I told him I would be happy to stay in the minors in this category.

All this to say that I'm not sure whether I'm a pessimist, optimist or realist. I guess it all depends on whether or not I'm thirsty?

No comments:

Post a Comment