Wednesday, May 11, 2011

How well do you know me?

I read this post today from one of my favorite multi-author blogs

http://deeperstory.com/fear-and-loathing

sorry - couldn't get the link to work.

And I wondered. What if I was really honest? What if I told the truth. What would you all think of me? I've been asked some pretty intrusive questions lately. I understand that some things are best left alone. But really, what do you want to know? Are you bold enough to ask? If you could do it anonymously? Because you can, you can post a comment anonymously on my blog and I won't know who did it. You will have to wait for me to read it to see it because I had some that were pretty hateful and mean that I decided I wanted to moderate before everyone else sees them.

But in the sense of transparency, I would answer most anything. Or tell you I wasn't going to and why. I wouldn't leave you hanging.

But on the other side of that, what is enough to share? Here are a few things:

I struggle with weight. I have 10-12 pounds to reach my healthy weight goal. And I'm scared I'll never make it. Freddrick gave me some pointers and told me some stuff I should be doing. Putting that into practice this week. Have enlisted Steve's help for the two days I'm not working with Freddrick.

It was hard for me to ask Steve to help me with my work out. Used to, I would've just expected him to. Now I don't want him to see me vulnerable or weak. Or strong, either for that matter.

Steve and I like to go out and listen to live music. And we have drinks while we listen.

There is a woman in my life right now that I despise with every ounce of my being. God is going to have to do an amazing work in me to forgive her and her continued behavior towards me. I'm trying, and God is bigger, and I'm gonna admit something really ugly about myself, I'M TIRED OF FORGIVING PEOPLE ALL THE TIME! But I desperately want and need forgiveness myself, so I keep doing it because feelings follow actions, right? But God help me on this one.

I feel like a vacuum right now, I feel like I'm pulling on my girlfriends, just taking and not giving anything in return. And that bothers me, but I don't have a whole lot to spare. So publicly, my herd, I'm telling you I will turn it around and make it up when you need me, thanks so much for being there for me. You all are awesome.

I rarely listen to Christian music. Mostly only at church. I love rock music and listen to it loud. And if no one is looking, I dance. Whitesnake and Warrant are going to be here the end of May. I'm going to go.

I don't always like my kids. Always love them, but there are moments...

I believe in hair color and make up and crest white strips. Padded bras, spanx and high heels. Fake nails and 4 different hair products at a time to get the right style. I even believe in cosmetic surgery.

There is so much more, but I guess I'm just not ready to be THAT transparent. But anytime, ask anything you want to know

3 comments:

  1. One of my favorite posts! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So privileged to be a reader of your words, Patsy. To borrow a term from Maya Angelou, you are a phenomenal woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jules - someday I'm gonna meet you...

    @Cate - wonders of the virtual world I get to be in touch with one of my girlfriends from years ago I thought I'd lost~

    ReplyDelete