Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tales from the herd

Since I can't run I thought I'd have Sheila share a race report from the Easter Sun Run she ran a couple weeks ago. It's a 10K we've run together the last two years.

I ran the Easter Sun Run several weeks ago and it was probably one of the worst races I have ran in a long time. I ran with my niece, Valarie and a friend from work and this was their first 10k race. They are both new runners and both had set goals for themselves. I told them not to wait on me if I had to walk, and encouraged them to keep running no matter what. Kudos to them for meeting their goal.
About 2 miles into the race I got a cramp in my right thigh and calf muscle that I could not work out no matter how much walking or stretching I did. I ran as much as I could and walked when I needed to. I got to about mile 4 and from that point on I wanted to puke the rest of the race. I did manage enough energy to pass the 3 ladies wearing pink tutus that were laughing and dancing as they ran. I really wanted to hit them for being so perky. The last quarter mile of the race was probably the worst, I was exhausted, I wanted to throw up, and somehow I managed to slowly run cross the finish line. Unbelievably, I beat my time from last year by 48 seconds and finished in the top last 25 runners……LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment