Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tales from the Herd

I have been wanting to introduce you to Carrie. She's in Boston for a few more weeks. She is the greatest thing I have gotten out of facebook. We met her and Jake because we went to the same church and Steve friended her. Then she saw he ran a marathon and Jake had just ran one and she thought they'd like each other. We met for dinner and monthly dinner/date nights began. We are so excited for them to get back to Wichita and start this back up.
I don't even know what all to say about this girlfriend of mine. I'm just gonna say I love her, she is awesome. I'm so glad she is on our side. She's a good friend to Steve too. And I consider Jake my friend. That's rare friends. She is strong and loyal and positive and a great listener and wonderful encourager. Like all of my GF's, I can go on (and on) about her. She is awesome enough to share post-run pictures after her Sunday long training runs. (That's right, she's a runner too). Training for her first marathon this fall. Several half marathons and ten milers under her running shoes. I got permission to share her pictures, because she is super confident and fearless and cool like that. We also share running music tastes. I'm inspired by her pics, you might see post workout pictures of me someday.
Week 6 - (her whole training post)
My training run had to be moved from Sunday to today, since we were in Providence on Sunday. But it was AWESOME! I ran 11 miles along the Charles River. I took my new water bottle (I got at the expo on Saturday) on it's maiden run. Since the temp is going up, I need to keep hydrated. I also packed 24 mini gummy bears for fuel. I LOVE these! I'm glad it worked out, now I need to remember to take them on all my runs. :) I had another first, at mie 2.5 I swallowed a bug! That's equal to a protein bar, right? The run was fabulous and I did it in less time than I figured I would. The farthest I've ran is 15 miles... I'll be approaching that number very soon! I secretly can't wait!!!

Week 5

Week 4 (I was supposed to get to run with her this 9.5 mile run, but my tendonitis stopped me. Even better though, Jake got to run with her while I stayed with the kids and since I love to run with Steve, I know how special these times are.) See Jake peaking over her shoulder?

Week 3 (no week 2 picture, family was outside at the park, stopped to play)

Week 1


more about Carrie and her adventures can be found at jakeandcarriearnett.blogspot.com

1 comment: