Monday, May 2, 2011

Random thoughts and pictures

Nate went to prom with Hannah. This was a pretty big deal because it's her senior prom, but him being one year out of high school hates to go back for activities. He does go to her softball games and his cousins baseball games, and to Whitney's volleyball games. They looked so handsome. More pictures will be shared. (second couple from the left)

Steve set a PR (personal record) at the half marathon. He ran fast enough to even surprise himself. (middle of the pack, white long sleeve tee) I got to watch him pass at mile 2, 4, 9, and 11. Hung out with Jed, his wife was running too. So much better company than the 100K last week. Handed Steve a gatorade at mile 11 and ran for the car to drive to the finish line. I was running towards the finish line from the back side as he crossed. He tore it up. So proud of him. For so many things.

Whitney's new hair color.

I cooked lunch Sunday holding a two year old pointing at the stove. Haven't done that in 12 years. Turns out she was really hungry, and she loves spaghetti.
Why am I surprised when God answers my prayers? Why am I surprised when he answers them fast? Why does God ever surprise me at all? He's in the business of surprises.
Visited a new church Saturday night. Enjoyed it. It's very small. Want to go back and hear the regular preacher and full band, but I liked it.
Memorial Day is in 4 weeks. I love this holiday. It's the first paid day off holiday of the year (not counting January 1) and signals the beginning of summer and more paid holidays!
My foot still hurts. Not as bad, but still hurts.
Does the wind ever not blow in Kansas?
Is it possible to eat out at a nice restaurant for under $50.00? That's alot of money for food. I can cook many meals for $50.00.
What all do they put in Margarita's?
I love the verse Psalm 37:10 "Soon the wicked will disappear. Though you look for them, they will be gone." There are some people in my life I'm waiting for them to disappear. I may turn into a "name it claim it" on this verse.
Diet coke is like nectar from the gods.
I got an email from Steve, one word, "Yes" and it made my day. However, that word usually makes my day.

Everyone have a blessed week.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the randomness of this post! I felt like I was back home... soon, very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Melissa Sunday it's 8 weeks away and I can't wait! She's maybe almost as excited as me.

    ReplyDelete