Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I don't want to!

Today I don't want to be a grown up.

I want to sleep till lunch. I want to pile my dirty dishes in the sink and know someone else will deal with them, (even if that means they make me do them, it's still their responsibility). I want to spend the day by the pool. I want to spend money recklessly. I want to eat dessert with every meal. I want to drive too fast.

I don't want to plan something for supper. I don't want to stay within my budget. I don't want to run two errands on my way home from work. I don't want to watch what I eat. I don't want to be productive at work. I don't want to be responsible for anyone elses needs or wants. I don't want to do laundry. I don't want to work out.

In addition to all of this, I want my family to put me on a pedestal. I want the world to revolve around me.

However, my Sunday School years remind me of Galatians 5: 22-23
"God's Spirit makes us loving, happy, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, and self-controlled. There is no law against behaving in any of these ways."

Guess I still got some work to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment